The Clubhouse will remain closed and
will possibly open May 8th or we will follow state level guidance to select a date.
** Update 5/7/2020 – We will permit clubhouse access when York County goes to a “Code Yellow” status. **
Any person proceeding onto Club property is doing so at your own risk. The York Rifle Range is not responsible for your choice to use the Range.
Not reading the guidelines below does not exempt you from following them. Not following these guides may have you and your guests, if you brought them, asked to remove yourself from the Range by a Club Officer or Director.
- Continue to follow the State recommended guidelines for Social Distancing and gathering in groups.
- If you feel sick, GO HOME.
- 2 Guests per member will be allowed as normal – Sign in your guest(s) and pay the $1 guest fee BEFORE you visit any range. The guest log-in sheet will be on the Porch by the targets.
- If you need targets, there will be a limited supply available on the Clubhouse porch and a place to put your money for what you take, targets are not FREE. It is suggested, until the clubhouse is reopened, that you bring your own range approved paper targets.
- The York Rifle Range does not have any paid employees to decontaminate after each person’s visit.
- You should treat your visit at each range as if it is contaminated and take appropriate actions when you are done using the range. If you bring disinfectant, you can clean and disinfect the area you will be using.
On March 27, 2020 The Governor extended his STAY AT HOME ORDER to include York County, PA.
At this time, the Officers and Directors of the York Rifle Range have decided to CLOSE the entire range due to the coronavirus threat.
We will follow the Governor’s and the Secretary of Health’s directions regarding the coronavirus going forward.
By closing the range, we hope it will also allow the range to “Self-cleanse” by not having new contamination by someone who may not even be aware they are carrying the virus.
We hope and pray that you and your family stay safe and healthy, and look forward to seeing you here at the range in the near future as we continue to practice Social Distancing so that we can beat this virus, not only here at the range but in Pennsylvania and the entire United States.
Updates on this closure will be posted here on the website in the top banner and/or as “News” post.
The annual election of officers for 2020 will take place at the monthly meeting on October 8th, 2019. Members are encouraged to attend and vote.
The candidates are as follows:
- President: Doug Nace
- Vice President: T. Richard Ide
- Treasurer: Cheryl Gerhart
- Recording Secretary: Jeffrey Walters
- Membership Secretary: Jim Jensen
- Directors: Jeremy Bogdany and Christian Schwinger
As a reminder, this is a good opportunity to pay your membership dues for 2020 in person.
Are you interested in joining the competitive sport of air rifle? York Riflemen is sponsoring its own Sporter Class Junior Air Rifle Program.
Young shooters aged 10-18 will learn a variety of marksmanship skills with an emphasis on safe gun handling.
Air rifle builds confidence, self discipline, and friendly competition.
Junior Air Rifle Team will meet Monday nights 6:30-9 PM at the indoor range at the York Rifle Range
1190 Range Rd.
York, PA, 17406
All equipment and instruction is provided FREE OF CHARGE by York Riflemen. The program is open to non-members and members of the York Riflemen.
The Program is supported, in part, by your membership dues, personal donations, and a generous grant from the NRA Foundation.
First Meeting of the Junior Air Rifle Program for the 2019-2020 season will be on October 14, 2019, and will continue through the end of March 2020.
For more information contact:
Coach Jeff Walters
Inclement weather policy
The Junior Air Rifle program will follow the Eastern School District cancellation schedule in the case of inclement weather.
** High Power Clinic March 19th, 2016 registration is now closed **
Instruction on the fundamentals of High Power will be given by NRA certified instructors, NRA High Master/Master Classified and Distinguished Riflemen. Participation in the class and match will qualify individuals to purchase a rifle from the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
For more details and registration form, click here.